Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SNOW, WORSHIP AND REST

Our arrival at Nipawin was probably the highlight of my trip as I get to feel and touch snow for the first time in my life.

We had a fantastic reception and presentation on Friday evening. Our hosts were fantastic. Jacqui and Tom were the perfect hosts and they made my first snow encounter possible even thought it meant lots of questions to find out where we can still find some left over snow.

I had the opportunity also to have sabbath worship at Nipawin SDA Church and met lots of wonderful people however it was sad that there was no youths in church ( probably gone for the long weekend). The sunset though was at 9:35 pm on Friday so it was the longest Friday ever and the longest sabbath.

Sunday and Monday was fantastic as we had the opportunity to rest from all the travelling and basically let our hair down in the Evergreen Hotel . The team did some evaluation and picked up some recommendations on what the next team strategy will be. It was fantastic.

My vocational experience too was excellent so I learnt some helpful tips to help me in my vocation back home in the Solomon Islands.

Thanks alot to the Rotary Club of Honiara for sponsoring me to be on this GSE trip, to all the host families from Regina up to Nipawin. A big thanks and uma to my family, Fred for being a patient and loving husband, Sophia, Paul, Tatiana, Morgan and Reagan for standing by me all the way and for being patient and accepting that I will be away from home for 6 weeks. I love you all and I hope to see you all soon in 3 weeks time.

likem u pela tumas !

Hilda Tango
GSE Team member- Solomon Islands and PNG

2 comments:

ally908 said...

Hi all from Regina - just catching up on your blog and your trip sounds fab so far! You've seen bits of Canada that many Canadians haven't seen (shame on us).

Oh - and no worries about the shrinking jeans. Our water has that effect and everything will return to normal size upon your return to Oz =)

See you soon,
ally

Stacy Smith said...

Hi Dad, Hope alls good over there. Notice that Hilda says goodbye to her family in Papuan - have you been brushing up on yours and having a few conversations. Love to all. Stacy XX