Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wednesday in Thompson

Hello all, thought I would put some photos up and show you just some of the things we are up to.

I went and visited a mine site this morning and meet up with the head of OH&S training (Risk Management), very interesting when you are dealing with 10s of people over a km underground compared to our OH&S training were a paper cut is a serious problem! Again it was great to talk to people with similar jobs to me, and find out we are having the same challenges as back home. I then meet up with a heavy Earth machinery contracting company that crushes gravel for roads and for the local nickel mine. I was taken to a quarry and given a tour, though they wouldn’t let me near the explosives….

In responses to Bec’s critique of my dancing I thought I did a great job, considering I didn’t know what I was doing, and just trying to do it like everyone else, while Bec sat down and watched eating dessert!!!

We are getting used to very patch mobile coverage, they don’t have anything like Telstra’s Next G network (gratuitous plug) over here. So we are looking forward to Thursday when we should hit coverage, and meet up with many of the people we have meet on our journey so far!

Anyway we’ve had so much fun over here and have plenty more to come, here are some photos!




The team with Heather at Heather and Mac's place in Dauphin
Bec in Dauphin at a national park (can't remember what it's called)




Ukrainian Catholic Chapel in Dauphin




Bec and Lisa in the Legislator building in Winnipeg-singing the National Anthem



Bob at the Cell Phone (Mobile Phone) olympics - doing his bit for Queen and country


The team at Clearwater Lake view where the ice had pilled up.


Me at the Lake!




Matt on a Quad bike at Clearwater Lake- The Pas, I want one!!



Matt and Lisa in The Pas doing ‘Rick’s Balloon Challenge’




Bob, going horse riding....


Lisa at Pisew Falls




No comments: